Little Fighter Town
Please Login or Register here first.
Please Note: Registration Does NOT require Activation Mail
Little Fighter Town
Please Login or Register here first.
Please Note: Registration Does NOT require Activation Mail
Little Fighter Town
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Fighter Town

A site for LF2 Freaks and all Gamers!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Clans
Fight Clan Battles ---------- One more team member needed in Epic Fighters ---------- New Clan - Avatars, one team member needed ----------- First Clash! Avatars vs Epics Click Here to see Clans

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 127 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:18 am
Top posters
ace (604)
Why should you play Cultris I_vote_lcapWhy should you play Cultris I_voting_barWhy should you play Cultris I_vote_rcap 
Master (429)
Why should you play Cultris I_vote_lcapWhy should you play Cultris I_voting_barWhy should you play Cultris I_vote_rcap 
Shaco (225)
DarkNight{GOkU} (148)
Kevin (122)
Nullbyte (63)
Xtremegamer (25)
Ravon (21)
Blaze (10)
Yash (5)
Latest topics
» LF2 Saga Download
Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeby ace Sat May 05, 2012 2:58 pm

» A Challange for everyone...
Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeby ace Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:29 pm

» Best automatic rifle and sniper for COD
Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeby ace Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:26 pm

» Data Changing Guide made by Kevin
Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeby Xtremegamer Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:21 am

» Fixed time Tournment
Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeby Xtremegamer Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:11 am

» Chatting Area
Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeby Xtremegamer Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:53 am

» new character [Chrone]
Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeby Xtremegamer Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:51 am

» Clan: Epic Fighters
Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeby Xtremegamer Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:46 am

» LFT Official Networks
Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeby Xtremegamer Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:41 am

» THAT SITE IS CRAZY
Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeby Xtremegamer Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:38 am

Why should you play Cultris

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kevin
Members
Members
Kevin

Why should you play Cultris Empty
PostSubject: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:56 am

1. Tetris is planned to be a future 'SPORT'. As games like chess and bridge, there are possibilities that Tetris become a sport in future. And more over, this Alexey Pajitnov's game is actually getting efforts from the real Tetris Company to be a real world sport.

2. Tetris has a wide variety of styles, rules, and gameplays.
Some Tetris games uses IRS/Initial rotation system, some using SRS. All tunes like delayed auto shift (DAS), auto repeat rate (ARR) and more can be set in many different Tetris games.
Moreover, nowadays some SRS Tetris games are developed and give bonus score for performing spins. Not only the popular T-Spin but also J/L/I/S/Z-Spins. But ofcourse not O-spin xD .

3. Tetris is popular. You can find opponents online in many tetris games. If you are not really good at it for example, you can just go to Facebook and open Tetris Friends. After you get better maybe you want to go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] itself.
After, if you feel you are good enough you can go on to Cultris. I suggest you move to Cultris after at least you can get 60 BPM (About 1 minute 40 seconds in Tetris Sprint mode).

4. Simple but challenging.
What's the benefit of simple games? People can understand the game by seeing, so you can show off your skills to anyone. They will understand how good you are. But if you are playing big games like DotA, CS, etc, and you show it to your parents or someone who has never played it they won't understand your skills even you're a pro Razz .

5. Feel. I tried Cultris against a balanced opponent and it was really fun. It is challenging and exciting. You must feel it yourself - once you can play Tetris quickly (1.5 blocks per second - yeah that you can already feel how playing tetris feels like) you will feel the tense. You need to focus and concentrate on the active tetrimino to avoid misdrops, but you must pay attention the the next piece to fasten your play.

6. MOREOVER xD . Lazy to write but Tetris is just amazing when you're good at it. Play it and be great. You won't regret xD.

PS: Nullbyte's already playing Cultris. You should too, lol.
Back to top Go down
Master
Administrator
Administrator
Master

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:28 pm

funny...
I thought Tetris is about lasting as long as you can what's the benefit of going fast then? (In reference to your "60 BPM")
Back to top Go down
https://lftown.forumotion.com
ace
Founder
Founder
ace

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:12 am

Nice ideas for a Cultris player...
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Members
Members
Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:28 am

The benefit of being fast player: You can send your opponent more lines.

For example, if you did Combox8 (I often do it) you will score 1+1+2+2+3+3+4+4 = 20 lines! If your opponent do nothing to counter your score, you will send him 20 lines!

20 lines = top out. The board is 18 squares tall.

Ofcourse if your opponent do Combo x9 he will score 24 lines. It's enough to counter you and will send you 4 lines instead.

So instead of making Tetrises (clearing 4 rows at once) the modern Tetris wants you to set up combo bluff and perform combos instead. Afterwards you can continue by stacking up another combo bluff or downstack with combo.
Back to top Go down
ace
Founder
Founder
ace

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:33 am

oO I never knew this...
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Members
Members
Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:47 am

In some SRS tetris games btw there are bonuses for performing block-spin-line-clears which I'm gonna post a video about Razz .
For example, a B2B T-Spin Triple in Tetris Friends worth 9 lines so do it twice and your opponent get topped out. I guess you're gonna be KO'ed when setting the T-holes though, lol.
Back to top Go down
DarkNight{GOkU}
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
DarkNight{GOkU}

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:03 am

when i showed it to my friend who thinks im a PC pro he laughted at me. cauz here we get a box like thing for $20 i think indian currency it is Rs 100-150. there it has the same game as cultis.
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Members
Members
Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:27 am

well? but not as fast, and not the harddrop standard rules. btw Cultris can be played multiplayer widely through the world without serious lags Wink . It has its own server.

And most importantly its combo system using time countdown combined with its lines send calculation rules.

When playing Cultris you normally do these things in order:
1. Setting up combo (average speed)
2. Performing combo (maximum speed, don't blink your eyes to see the next piece!)

If you lose the first send you will then: Downstack. Do it quickly and you can still score nice combos.
Else you can go back 'Setting up combo' for the second blow..

Cultris play depends on Thinking Speed, Moving Speed and Accuracy, and Reaction (to the next piece).
Back to top Go down
Shaco
Members
Members
Shaco

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:49 pm

cultris is the most sport game i have ever heard after the chess its really good and makes you smart
Back to top Go down
Master
Administrator
Administrator
Master

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:26 pm

KO? When did Tetris/Cultris become a fighting game?
I still don't get it what you do mean by sending your opponent lines?
Back to top Go down
ace
Founder
Founder
ace

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:36 am

DarkNight{GOkU} wrote:
when i showed it to my friend who thinks im a PC pro he laughted at me. cauz here we get a box like thing for $20 i think indian currency it is Rs 100-150. there it has the same game as cultis.

20$ = 150 Rs.... Are you mad? Its 900 Rs.
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Members
Members
Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:22 pm

Firstly Tetris is not yet considered as a sport internationally.
Secondly, KO is when you top out your opponent by sending lines.
Thirdly, sending lines are bonuses which you gain for performing combos. It is like sending garbage, additional random uncleared lines to your opponent.
Fourthly, we can counter lines sent by opponents by sending lines too. If both performs x6 combo then it's a tie. Noone will get garbages. But if the one gets to x7 combo, the other one will be sent 3 lines (as the 7th combo worth 3 lines)

Lastly, the board is 18 squares tall. So if your opponent is not playing, and you perform x9 combo which values a total of 20 lines (1+1+2+2+3+3+4+4) you will 'KO' him immediately.

Additionally, in TF, when you top out your opponent it counts as a 'KO', and then all the garbage will be removed from your opponent's matrix (field). Player who reach 3 KOs first wins. By the time (2 minutes), if noone get 3 KOs the player with more KOs wins. If it ties, the player who send more lines wins. If it ties again, the player with less height win. If it ties once more, then it is a Tie/Draw.
Back to top Go down
Master
Administrator
Administrator
Master

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:25 pm

How you counter there is a delay between combos and lines being sent to the opponent?
From what I saw it's instant...
And do you get to "stash" a block that you can recall whenever if Cultris is the game I'm thinking of...
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Members
Members
Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:44 pm

Did you mean "hold piece" with the word "stash"? In Cultris that feature is removed to increase game speed and difficulty.

And with counter: There is a delay. No lines will be send before you drop or lock down a piece. It is stored in the box on the right of your matrix.

If you clear lines with your current piece, the garbage stored in the box will be decreased according to how many lines you score.
Once you lock down a piece without clearing any lines/continuing your combo, all the garbages stored will be send to your matrix.

(Lock down is when your active block is put to the matrix, it will no longer be movable)
Back to top Go down
ace
Founder
Founder
ace

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Oh...
Yeah I know a game like that but with the hold piece...
So THAT'S why I saw random line popping up on his game I thought it was some sort of time thingy like those games where you shoot bubbles to get 3 in a row...
Back to top Go down
Shaco
Members
Members
Shaco

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:29 am

is there any new cultris games got new ? and kevin for your new site i think no one can join it from here cause every one is now active in this site
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Members
Members
Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 1:46 am

oO ofcourse because everyone is now active in this site they can find my new site

cultris II beta is available now but it is, 'beta', and I prefer the old one (Cultris 1.3) as the graphic is 'metal' Razz .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why should you play Cultris   Why should you play Cultris I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why should you play Cultris
Page 1 of 1